Latest and historical Millennium news from around the world
Coming Soon: Y2K Aftermath News, starting 1/1/2000!
mil·len·ni·um (me-lèn¹ê-em) noun
plural mil·len·ni·ums or mil·len·ni·a (-lèn¹ê-e)
1. A span of one thousand years.
2. A thousand-year period of holiness mentioned in Revelation 20, during which Jesus and his faithful followers are to rule on earth.
3. A hoped-for period of joy, serenity, prosperity, and justice.
4. A thousandth anniversary.
[New Latin : Latin mìlle, thousand + Latin annus, year.]
mil·len¹ni·al (-el) adjective
ma·ni·a (mâ¹nê-e, mân¹ye) noun
1. An excessively intense enthusiasm, interest, or desire; a craze: a mania for neatness.
2. Psychiatry. A manifestation of manic-depressive illness, characterized by profuse and rapidly changing ideas, exaggerated gaiety, and excessive physical activity.
3. Violent abnormal behavior. See synonyms at insanity.
[Middle English, madness, from Late Latin, from Greek.]
Source: Microsoft Bookshelf 1996-97 Dictionary, © 1987-1996 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
This site is dedicated to the third millennium which begins after the year 2000; with all the hype and hoopla anticipated, it should be an interesting period...
We are proud to be one of the premiere sites in the United States, but obviously will not be the only one on the World Wide Web that will examine this phenomenon...
is a term first coined and published on December 7, 1996
A production of